Install Deepin Software Center v2.1 in 13.10 Saucy/13.04 Raring/12.10 Quantal/12.04 Precise/Linux Mint 17/16/15/14/13/other Ubuntu derivatives
Deepin Software Center, aka DSC, is one of the most talked about applications of Linux Deepin. DSC supports parallel downloading, resuming downloads, update notification and cache cleaning. DSC also comes with colorful skins that can be swapped as your mood changes.
It provides more than 2,600 decent applications and features easy installation and uninstall, software repository and recommended applications. It supports 1-click install, downloading packages with multi-thread and clearing up cached packages. It provides topics for software introduction and shares good applications.
Note: You can't have all versions at the same time.
Deepin Software Center Version 3.2/3.0
- There is a regularly updated list of featured applications on the home page. The list of recommendations are produced based on user ratings.
- The Software Repository gives you a handy way to choose and install desired applications with just one click. With a powerful multi-threaded download back-end, they are available to you for fast download, limited only by your network connection.
- Update manager helps you make sure your operating system has the latest and greatest software installed. All the updates are available for free!
- Uninstalling applications that you no longer need gives you an opportunity to have a cleaner working environment.
- Comes with 9 pre-installed colorful skins, so you can select one that brightens your day!
- Cleanup cached packages to gain more space
- Open download location and refresh application list
- We have added official Ubuntu sources for fast downloads
To install Linux Deepin Software Center (Version 3.2/3.0) in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
After installation must restart your computer then launch Deepin-sc
Deepin Software Center Version 2.1
Screenshots of Version 2.1
- You can use all the features of the LD Software Centre; you can install and remove applications, run updates and upgrade, change the theme of the LD Software Centre, etc.
- Installing applications in the LD Software Centre is easy – very easy. Look out for the ‘Install’ button – wherever you see it you can click it.
- To browse for applications by category use the Repositories tab.
- Applications that you already have installed will display a ‘Start’ button next to them. Clicking this will open the application.
- Remove installed applications via the ‘Uninstall’ tab. Only applications and utilities that you have installed will appear here.
- To change the theme/background of the Software Centre click on the 2×2 grid icon to the left of the window controls. Clicking on a theme will instantly apply it.
To install Linux Deepin Software Center (Version 2.1) in Ubuntu 13.10/13.04/12.10/12.04/Linux Mint 16/15/14/13 open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
Credit Linux Deepin