Install Linux Deepin Software Center in Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal/Ubuntu 12.04 Precise/Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot/11.04 Natty/Linux Mint 12/11/10
Deepin Software Center, aka DSC, is one of the most talked about applications of Linux Deepin. Installing new applications is just a one-click operation. DSC supports parallel downloading, resuming downloads, update notification and cache cleaning. DSC also comes with colorful skins that can be swapped as your mood changes.
- There is a regularly updated list of featured applications on the home page. The list of recommendations are produced based on user ratings.
- The Software Repository gives you a handy way to choose and install desired applications with just one click. With a powerful multi-threaded download back-end, they are available to you for fast download, limited only by your network connection.
- Update manager helps you make sure your operating system has the latest and greatest software installed. All the updates are available for free!
- Uninstalling applications that you no longer need gives you an opportunity to have a cleaner working environment.
- Comes with 6 pre-installed colorful skins, so you can select one that brightens your day!
- You can use all the features of the LD Software Centre; you can install and remove applications, run updates and upgrade, change the theme of the LD Software Centre, etc.
- Installing applications in the LD Software Centre is easy – very easy. Look out for the ‘Install’ button – wherever you see it you can click it.
- To browse for applications by category use the Repositories tab.
- Applications that you already have installed will display a ‘Start’ button next to them. Clicking this will open the application.
- Remove installed applications via the ‘Uninstall’ tab. Only applications and utilities that you have installed will appear here.
- To change the theme/background of the Software Centre click on the 2×2 grid icon to the left of the window controls. Clicking on a theme will instantly apply it.
To install Linux Deepin Software Center in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/deepin-sc
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install deepin-software-center