uGet (formerly called urlgfe) is a download manager. uGet is a very Powerful & Lightweight download manager application with a large inventory of features. uGet is an Open Source download manager application for GNU/Linux developed with GTK+. It allows you to classify download, and allows you to import download from HTML files. Every category has an independent configuration that can be inherited by each download in that category. uGet uses very few resources while at the same time packs an unparalleled powerful feature set. These features include a Queue, Pause/Resume, Multi-Connection (with adaptive segment management), Mirrors (multi-source), Multi-Protocol, Advanced Categorization, Clipboard Monitor, Batch Downloads, Individualized Category Default Settings, Speed Limiting, Total Active Downloads Control, and so much more!
- Downloads Queue: place your downloads into a Queue to download as many, or as few, downloads as you want simultaneously.
- Resume Downloads: if your connection drops out you don't have to worry, you can start right back where you were with download resuming.
- Scheduler: scheduling of when uGet is allowed or not allowed to download files.
- Clipboard Monitor: specify the types of files (via extension) that you want to monitor and any time you add them to your clipboard it will prompt to download the copied files.
- FireFox Integration via FlashGot: Clipboard Monitor is all you need for browser integration really but FlashGot is a separately supported FireFox addon so we have made it compatible with uGet.
- Computer Shutdown After Completion: optional feature to turn off your computer after all files have finished downloading, perfect for large download sessions that will take overnight while you sleep.
- Advanced Download Categories: unlimited categories to manage downloads.
- HTML File Importing: import a list of an unlimited amount of URLs to download from via a .html file.
- TXT File Importing: import a list of an unlimited amount of URLs to download from via a .txt file.
- Speed Limit Control: control the maximum Upload & Download speeds that uGet should utilize per download or per category.
- CLI / Terminal Usage Support: ability to use a command line or terminal to download files.
- Batch Downloads: allows the user to add an unlimited amount of files at one time to the queue for downloading.
- Multi-Protocol: support for downloading files through HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, BitTorrent* & Metalink*
- FTP Login & Anonymous FTP: supports downloading from anonymous FTP as well as login support via Username & Password for private/protected FTP servers.
- Quiet Mode: allows downloads to be added to a specific category automatically and begin downloading automatically.
- Folder Auto-Creation: if you provide a path to save a file but the folder doesn't exist uGet will create it for you automatically in order to save the file there.
- Multi-Language Support: uGet supports 20 languages which includes: Arabic, Belarusian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Danish, English (default), French, Georgian, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
Changes in this version:
- In speed limit mode, program adjust existing task speed when adding new task.
- Add new setting "Display large icon".
- Add configure argument "--enable-unix-socket" to use JSON-RPC over UNIX domain socket.
- curl plug-in: Don't use CURLAUTH_ANY, it causes authentication failed.
- Fix: User can't use command-line to assign config directory (ui-gtk-1to2).
- (2.1.3-2) Fix: Incorrect encoding on some characters (e.g. French characters)
- (2.1.3-2) Fix: Program stop download queuing in some case.
- Fix: UI freeze if user activate download in sorted list.
- Add Keywords entry into desktop file
- curl plug-in: fix a bug that downloaded file may be incomplete in some case.
- curl plug-in: improve downloaded segment handler.
- curl plug-in: set min split size to 10 MiB.
- curl plug-in: adjust speed when plug-in add/remove segments in speed limit mode.
- curl plug-in: avoid showing "99:99:99" in "elapsed" when downloading start.
- aria2 plug-in: fix a memory leak.
- Fix: Program stop running download when user set "Runnable" to it.
- Revert URI decoder to 2.0.4, this may fix incorrect encoding on some characters.
- This version fix bug that download speed is slow when progress near 100%
- If you usually get error message "Incorrect source", I suggest you use this version.
- update translation files.
Available for Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety/16.04 Xenial/14.04 Trusty/12.04 Precise/Linux Mint 18/17/13/and other Ubuntu Derivatives
To install uGet in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal: