PPSSPP is a PSP emulator written in C++, and translates PSP CPU instructions directly into optimized x86, x64 and ARM machine code, using JIT recompilers (dynarecs). PPSSPP is an open source project, licensed under the GPL. PPSSPP can run your PSP games on your PC in full HD resolution, it is cross-platform application. It can even upscale textures that would otherwise be too blurry as they were made for the small screen of the original PSP.
It can run on low specification hardware, including ARM processors as long as there's support for OpenGL ES 2.0. It can run PSP ISO file from your PC, and also from PSP disk but you need to specify location of Game within PPSSPP.
It can save and restore game state anywhere, anytime; Continue where you left off by transferring saves from your real PSP; Crank up the anisotropic filtering and texture scaling.
Changelog of this version:
- Screen rotation on PC, useful for vertical games like Star Soldier
- Many minor performance improvements and compatibility bug fixes
- GPU emulation fixes like correct depth rounding, fixing text in Phantasy Star
- Other graphical fixes like UV rotation
- Support savestates for homebrew apps
- Simple integrated "Homebrew Store" to download PSP homebrew apps
- Minor AdHoc multiplayer improvements. Still many issues left.
- Disable a dangerous optimization on ARM, causing walk-through-walls in Tenchu
- sceAtrac music compatibility fixes, fixing noise in a few games
- Better texture scaling performance
- Direct3D closer in features to OpenGL
- Works better on BSD operating systems
- Savedata management UI
- Fix crash in games that used "depal" functionality (OpenGL)
- Fixed rounding mode problems in the JITs
- Fix crash when loading savestates many times, and savestate compatibility
- Fix minor glitch in Ridge Racer
- Bugfixes like the save state scroll issue, cosmetic issues like overscroll
- Some cheat code bugfixes
- Adler32 and Mersenne Twister modules added (fixes some obscure games)
- Direct3D 9 supported as a rendering backend on Windows, helps on old GPUs and can be faster than OpenGL in many cases
- You can now create specific configs per game
- And many more...
To install PPSSPP (PSP Emulator) in Ubuntu 15.10 Wily/14.04 Tursty/Linux Mint 17.x open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
To install PPSSPP in Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial/12.04 Precise/Linux Mint 13 open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal: