The Kingsoft Office main interface includes a row of icons similar to what you'd find in your basic word processor or spreadsheet editor. It handles all the latest Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint file formats as well as text and PDF files. You can create files as well, it could get a bit tedious trying to produce anything too long or complicated. Kingsoft Office works best for making a few changes to an existing file. In our tests, we encountered no problems working with the files we threw its way, and it was a simple process to add or edit text or make other modifications.
What's in this release:
- WPS Writer supports restrict editing now.
- WPS Writer can go back last editing position when you reopen the document.
- WPS Writer supports split window for easy reading.
- WPS Writer added mirror margins for printing.
- WPS Writer enhanced go to function.
- WPS Writer supports complex text layout now (testing).
- WPS Spreadsheets now supports share workbook.
- WPS Spreadsheets will give you the tips when typing a function.
- WPS Spreadsheets supports finding/replacing with format now.
- WPS Spreadsheets supports formula error checking now.
To install Kingsoft (WPS) Office in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
Other languages version can be download from here. That's it