The Kingsoft Office main interface includes a row of icons similar to what you'd find in your basic word processor or spreadsheet editor. It handles all the latest Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint file formats as well as text and PDF files. You can create files as well, it could get a bit tedious trying to produce anything too long or complicated. Kingsoft Office works best for making a few changes to an existing file. In our tests, we encountered no problems working with the files we threw its way, and it was a simple process to add or edit text or make other modifications.
What's in this release:
- Mini Toolbar for quick access to formatting selected text.
- Spreadsheets supports interrupt calculation now.
- New Polish translation. You can switch from Choose Language dialog.
- Now both x86 and x64 versions for Linux.
- Fixed Spreadsheets formula unusable when decimal point is comma.
- Fixed Writer crashes when saving as docx file which contains OLE objects.
- Fixed Presentation have extra margin on exported pdf file.
- Fixed Presentation losing text when pasting some html table.
- Fixed Spreadsheets doesn't works with comma decimal point.
- Fixed Spreadsheets "Remove Duplicates" not works fine.
- Fixed Spreadsheets "Move or Copy Sheet" not works fine.
- Fixed unable change UI language on certain locales.
- Fixed Spreadsheets flicks when drag on cells.
- Fixed Spreadsheets prints with wrong paper size.
- Fixed Spreadsheets loses focus after opening file.
- Fixed some pdf related bugs
- New document compare tool for Writer.
- New Eye Protection Mode for Writer/Spreadsheets.
- Fixed fails opening DOCX file which needs password
- Fixed missing image when pasting in HTML format
- Fixed missing links when export to pdf
- Fixed unable to set paper size in Spreadsheets
- Fixed a crash when copy/move sheets in Spreadsheets
- Fixed invalid window state when startup with maximized on KDE
Available for Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid/Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic/Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty/Ubuntu 12.04 Precise/Linux Mint 17.x/13/other Ubuntu derivatives
To install Kingsoft (WPS) Office in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
>>For 64bit OS
Other languages version can be download from here. That's it