Kingsoft Office is a simple, powerful office suite developed by Zhuhai based Chinese software developer Kingsoft. Components include: Kingsoft Writer, Kingsoft Presentation and Kingsoft Spreadsheet. Kingsoft Office personal version is completely free. With the Kingsoft Office suite, you can view, edit, and send Microsoft Office documents, spreadsheets, and other data on Linux. This offers most of the features and functionality like Microsoft Office.
What's in this release:
- Update End User License Agreement for Kingsoft Office.
- Fixed the issue that menu item cannot be highlighted when selected.
- Fixed the slow response issue when installing Kingsoft Office in the new version of Ubuntu.
- Fixed the issue that border line cannot show after saving and reopening in DOC file format.
- Fixed the line color missing issue in some shapes while saving in DOCX file format.
- Fixed the rotation angle reading error of character in the text box in PPT format file.
- Fixed the issue that cannot drag the slide using mouse in Kingsoft Presentation.
- Fixed the issue that cannot set the pattern effect for narrow horizontal and narrow vertical in Shape Fill in Kingsoft Presentation.
To install Kingsoft Office in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
>> For 32bit
>> For 64bitAdd 32bit architecture to Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy/Ubuntu 14.04/Linux Mint 16
Install 32bit libraries in Ubuntu 13.04/12.10/12.04/previous/Mint 15/14/13
Now enter these to install: