Kingsoft Office is a simple, powerful office suite developed by Zhuhai based Chinese software developer Kingsoft. Components include: Kingsoft Writer, Kingsoft Presentation and Kingsoft Spreadsheet. Kingsoft Office personal version is completely free. With the Kingsoft Office suite, you can view, edit, and send Microsoft Office documents, spreadsheets, and other data on Linux. This offers most of the features and functionality like Microsoft Office.
What's in this release:
- Fixed the crash issue while checking the printer information after adding or deleting a printer during program run.
- Fixed Kingsoft Office was unable to open the specified file while dragging the file to the main editing area.
- Fixed Kingsoft Office was unable to add custom spelling check dictionary of Hunspell format.
- Fixed European character with 'All Cap' setting not take effect in Kingsoft Office.
- Fixed the crash issue caused by error text string format in some cases.
- Fixed the text display issue when some controls access to the wrong color in some specific system color theme.
- Fixed the suffix of the file name cannot be changed according to the selected file format in the native Save As dialog of Gnome desktop.
- Fixed the values error of the width and height for images while saving as DOCX format in specific language area environment in Kingsoft Writer.
- Fixed images missing while saving as MHT files format in Kingsoft Writer.
- Fixed no recovery modify flags and editing view issue when file recovery after a crash in Kingsoft Writer.
- Fixed the issue of not filtering CJK vocabularies that are not supported when checking spelling in Kingsoft Presentation.
- Fixed content is empty when pasting text in HTML format in Kingsoft Presentation.
- Fixed the crash issue while opening some specific files with charts in Kingsoft Spreadsheets.
To install Kingsoft Office in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
>> For 32bit
>> For 64bitAdd 32bit architecture to Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy/Ubuntu 14.04/Linux Mint 16
Install 32bit libraries in Ubuntu 13.04/12.10/12.04/previous/Mint 15/14/13
Now enter these to install: