Opera is an independent Scandinavian company that's been in the business of making web browsers since 1994. Opera founders saw the internet as a way of making information free and available to everyone in the world, regardless of where they lived or how they got online.
Features of Opera:
- Pop-up Blocking
- Integrated Search
- E-mail with RSS Newsfeed
- Tabbed Browsing
- Advanced Security
- IRC Chat
- Opera is from now 100% FREE and with NO ADS !
- This release fixes an issue with empty list of search engines.
- Fixed a few crashers
- CORE-48348 Posters too far down on imdb, inline-block pushed down by lone child
- Fixed an issue where Opera gets internal communication errors on Facebook
- Fixed an issue where no web pages load on startup, if Opera is disconnected from the Internet
- A new stand-alone update-checker, as part of a planned upgrade of the auto-update system
- Improved protection against hijacking of the default search, including a one-time reset
- Fixed an issue where DOM events manipulation might be used to execute arbitrary code
- Fixed an issue where use of SVG clip Paths could allow execution of arbitrary code, as reported by anonymous via the iSIGHT
- Fixed a low severity security issue; details will be disclosed at a later date
- Fixed an issue where CORS requests could omit the preflight request, as reported by webpentest
To install Opera in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal: