Grub Customizer - a new graphical GRUB 2, You can now select the default boot entry, change the menu visibility and timeout, set kernel parameters, disable recovery entries and change screen resolution (GFX_MODE) - all by using Grub Customizer.
With Grub-Customizer you can set default boot Entry/OS easily, Also visibility options provide custom time and look for new Operating System. For advance users Kernel Parameters option is available.
Grub background is quite interesting feature offered by Grub-Customizer. There are options to set it manually but with this tool you can easily add any image to your grub, can set custom resolution and also font customization is available.
What's new and fixes in this version:
- fixed assertion of compare_proxies
- updated README file
- update default title on custom entry scripts
- add entry functionality: add custom script proxy, if missing
- fixed crash when editing the only visible entry
- auto remove of invalid proxies after loading
- removed UPDATE_CMD from config dialog as it's not used
- ignore whitespace in front of menuentries (fixes an parsing issue of ubuntu 12.10 submenus)
- connect by name: only if name is unique
- revert functionality: duplicate check
- removed unused show-info action
To install Grub-Customizer in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal: