Ubuntu Tweak is an application designed to config Ubuntu easier for everyone. It provided many useful desktop and system options that the default desktop environment isn't provided. At present, It is only designed for Ubuntu GNOME Desktop, and often follows the newest Ubuntu distribution.
Open the Ubuntu Tweak 0.8.1, you will get the changes immediately, the “Apps” tab is the place where you will play with the apps, the apps that are not possible to install from Ubuntu Software Center, or not the latest version in Ubuntu Software Center.
When you enter the Apps tab, you will see the interface like this. Left side is the categories for app, and the right side is the app icons. Click the target category or app you want to operate, like “Google Chrome Stable” (The stable version of Google Chrome)
Changelog of version 0.8.1:
- Add Disable "Show Desktop" in the switcher (12.10 only)
- Add the Apps shortcut to Unity launcher icon
- QuickLists Editor support 12.10 and reordering the unity items
- Add installation status in app view
- Disable the Window tweaks for 12.10
- Add cookie and cache (12.10 only) support for Apps
- Bugs fixed: Increase the default window size to 900x506
To install Ubuntu-Tweak in Ubuntu/Linux Mint (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
Ubuntu-Tweak 0.8.1 Package File.deb, Also Support Ubuntu-tweak Project by Donations.
That's it, Enjoy