Mozilla Firefox is a free and open source web browser developed for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux coordinated by Mozilla Corporation and Mozilla Foundation. Firefox uses the Gecko layout engine to render web pages, which implements current and anticipated web standards. As of May 2012, Firefox has approximately 25% of worldwide usage share of web browsers, making it the third most widely used web browser.
What's new in this Release:
- Initial web app support
- Acholi and Kazakh localizations added
- New Developer Toolbar with buttons for quick access to tools, error count for the Web Console, and a new command line for quick keyboard access
- CSS3 Animations, Transitions, Transforms and Gradients unprefixed in Firefox 16
- Recently opened files list in Scratchpad implemented
- Debugger breakpoints do not catch on page reload
- No longer supporting MD5 as a hash algorithm in digital signatures
- Opus support by default
- Reverse animation direction has been implemented
- Per tab reporting in about:memory
- User Agent strings for pre-release Firefox versions now show only major version
To install latest Firefox in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
Here you can find firefox in other languages.
That's it, Enjoy