Cinnamon team released new version of Cinnamon with many bugs fixes, theme improvements, enhancements to the bottom panel, also include cinnamon setting manager. Latest Version is a maintenance release which adds polish and tackles important issues from the previous release.
What's new in 1.6.4 Version?
- When the magnifier is enabled some categories of the menu do not appear correctly
- Accessibility: Magnifier now displays context menus correctly
- Windows management: When a window requires attention (typically, when you open a file with an editor that is located on another workspace), Cinnamon moves to that workspace by default rather than bringing the window to you. This behaviour is also configurable in Cinnamon Settings -> Windows.
- Menu: Items from sub-categories are now displayed
- Menu: Searches now apply to menu item ids (i.e. the name of the .desktop file)
- Settings: Made keybindings page compatible with non-Ubuntu based distributions
- Updated translations
- New "keyboard bindings" page in cinnamon settings
- Fixed alignment in notification popups
- Prevent non-gtk-systray-icons from disappearing on redisplay
- Window-list applet: Fix regression to close-all and close-other
- menu applet fix: get_key_focus was triggering a changed signal on the search text box, which was resetting categories (thinking a search was being performed).
- Don’t hide Spotify from system tray
- updated translations
- altTab: Fix thumbnail size calculation for some dual-head setups
- [Expo] Remove clip – fixes dual-display issue with clipped workspace ……display
- Fixed conky/mintupload windows appearing in alt-tab
- Use bottomMonitor to position bottom-aligned hot corner.
- Alt-tab: Icons + Thumbnails as default choice
- Enabled notifications and settings applets by default
- Ignore the GNOME setting for handling the desktop
To Install Latest Cinnamon in Ubuntu 12.10/12.04/11.10 open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal: