Clement Lefebvre has announced the finale release of Linux Mint 13, code name "Maya: "The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 13 'Maya'. Available in two editions, Linux Mint 13 features the choice between a productive, stable and mature MATE 1.2 desktop and the brand, new modern-looking and exciting Cinnamon 1.4. These two desktops are among the best available, they're perfectly integrated within Linux Mint and represent great alternatives to GNOME 2 users. Linux Mint 13 is also an LTS (long-term support) release and it will be supported until April 2017." Read the release announcementand release notes for system requirements, known issues and upgrade instructions.
New features at a glance:
- MATE 1.2
- Cinnamon 1.4
- Artwork improvements
- Search engines
- For a complete overview and to see screenshots of the new features, visit: “What’s new in Linux Mint 13“.
- Boot hangs on systems with b43 wireless cards
- 64-bit only for Mint4win
- Windows popping behind the installer in MATE edition
- Desktop icons in Cinnamon
- Make sure to read the “Release Notes” to be aware of important info or known issues related to this release.
- x86 processor (Linux Mint 64-bit requires a 64-bit processor. Linux Mint 32-bit works on both 32-bit and 64-bit processors).
- 512 MB RAM (1GB recommended for a comfortable usage).
- 5 GB of disk space
- Graphics card capable of 800×600 resolution
- CD/DVD drive or USB port
Linux Mint-13-mate-dvd-32bit.iso (898MB, torrent)
Linux Mint-13-mate-dvd-64bit.iso (885MB, torrent)
Linux Mint-13-cinnamon-dvd-32bit.iso (817MB, torrent)
Linux Mint-13-cinnamon-dvd-64bit.iso (801MB, torrent)