Wine lets you run Windows software on other operating systems. With Wine, you can install and run these applications just like you would in Windows.
Wine enables Linux, Mac, FreeBSD, and Solaris users to run Windows applications without a copy of Microsoft Windows. Wine is free software under constant development. Other platforms may benefit as well.
- Support for graphics bounds tracking.
- A number of fixes to the builtin Internet Explorer.
- Support for displaying ARM code in the Wine debugger.
- Various DirectMusic improvements.
- Better namespace support in MSXML.
- Various bug fixes.
Install Wine on Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Alt+F2 and type: gnome-terminal -or- Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
Here you can download source of Wine 1.5.3 for other Distro's from Source Forge.
Check announcement of Wine 1.5.3 version.