Synapse is a semantic launcher written in Vala that you can use to start applications as well as find and access relevant documents and files by making use of the Zeitgeist engine.
- pressing "Home" or "End" on your keyboard will select the first or the last search result?
- pressing "Tab" will let you in/out the Action selection
- when you're selecting an Action you can type to apply a filter on the actions' list
- pressing "Left" or "Right" keys will change the category of results
- pressing "Shift+Enter" will execute the action trying to keep Synapse opened to give you the opportunity to execute other matches
To install Synapse on Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
Here is the page on Launchpad. Enjoy