Fotoxx is powerful, open-source, complex image manipulation tool. It is better editor for those images made with digital camera. It can edit photos and manage a large collection. Includes thumbnail browser/navigator, RAW file import, a comprehensive set of edit functions working in deep color, rapid visual feedback, edit/copy/paste selected image areas, file versioning, batch operations, named collections (views), HDR, stack, panorama, montage, metadata edit and report, image search using any metadata and (partial) file names. It can crop, rotate, flip, resize, red-eye removal, sharpen fuzzy edges, reduce noise in low-light photos, stretch, and distort functionality.
The program supports viewing of RAW camera images (NEF, CR2, etc.), as well as all other image formats, including JPG, PNG, DNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, etc. in both 8 and 16 bits color.
- Brightness and contrast functionality
- Bright and dark image areas independently
- Reduce haze and intensify colors
- HDR support
- Merge underexposed and overexposed images
- Panorama images
- Stitch multiple images together
- Color adjustments
- Repair dark or hot pixels
- Removes chromatic aberration
- Edit individual pixels
- Convert between different color profiles
- Convert colors images to black & white
- Watermark text to images
- Fix straighten curves in images
- HDF Focus: close and far focus images
Changes in this Version:
- Source code revisions for GTK API changes (Ubuntu 17.04, Fedora 25).
- Implementation of AppImage, a distro-agnostic packaging format.
- Smoother gallery scrolling via thread to pre-fetch thumbnail images.
- Image Montage: join selected images together into a compact table format.
- Paint Image: modified to make it easier to use with a Wacom tablet.
- Paint Image: use any image as a custom color palette - click to select color.
- Edited images get an automatic tag, allowing "edited" as a search criteria.
- Alien Colors effect: repaint an image or area with random strange colors.
- Twist effect: twist or swirl an image around a mouse-selected central point.
- Script Files: most of the special effects functions can now be scripted.
- Denoise - measure noise: the noise is better characterized as a scatterplot.
- The desktop wallpaper functions were removed - they don't work with the latest Gnome desktop.
- Paint Image and Clone Image were split into separate functions.
- Trim/Rotate: margin sides can now be dragged, in addition to the corners.
- User Settings: an album name can be specified as the startup gallery.
- Fix: Startup with a file parameter: now works for absolute or relative file name.
- Fix: Correctly handle file and directory names containing '$' characters.
- Fix: Voodoo functions can now be assigned to shortcut keys like any other.
- Fix: Copy to Desktop or Clipboard: an edited but unsaved file copies correctly.
- Fix: Trim/Rotate: stop sporadic motion of zoomed image when margins are dragged.
How to Install?Please note that this PPA is unofficial. If you don't want to use PPA then download source from official site.
Available for Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty/16.10 Yakkety/16.04 Xenial/Linux Mint 18/and other Ubuntu derivatives
To install Fotoxx in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the terminal:
What is your favorite image processor?