Fotoxx is powerful, open-source, complex image manipulation tool. It is better editor for those images made with digital camera. It can edit photos and manage a large collection. Includes thumbnail browser/navigator, RAW file import, a comprehensive set of edit functions working in deep color, rapid visual feedback, edit/copy/paste selected image areas, file versioning, batch operations, named collections (views), HDR, stack, panorama, montage, metadata edit and report, image search using any metadata and (partial) file names. It can crop, rotate, flip, resize, red-eye removal, sharpen fuzzy edges, reduce noise in low-light photos, stretch, and distort functionality.
The program supports viewing of RAW camera images (NEF, CR2, etc.), as well as all other image formats, including JPG, PNG, DNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, etc. in both 8 and 16 bits color.
- Brightness and contrast functionality
- Bright and dark image areas independently
- Reduce haze and intensify colors
- HDR support
- Merge underexposed and overexposed images
- Panorama images
- Stitch multiple images together
- Color adjustments
- Repair dark or hot pixels
- Removes chromatic aberration
- Edit individual pixels
- Convert between different color profiles
- Convert colors images to black & white
- Watermark text to images
- Fix straighten curves in images
- HDF Focus: close and far focus images
- See complete list of features.
Changes in this Version:
- Bugfix: Resize: locking width/height ratio did not always work.
- Bugfix: Slide Show startup sometimes failed.
- Bugfix: If an album contains the same image file two or more times, stepping
- Sequentially through the images loops from the Nth instance back to the first.
- New Effects > Cartoon: convert a photo into a cartoon-like drawing.
- Add Text and Add Lines now work better with images having transparent areas.
- Paint/Clone: optionally paint over transparent areas, instantly or gradually.
- Brasero was replaced by growisofs for writing image files to DVD/BlueRay disc.
- Edit Any Metadata: UI improvement to better handle long text strings.
- Batch Change Metadata: UI improvement to better handle long text strings.
- An album can be opened from the command line: $ fotoxx -album
Bugfix: Retouch Combo: reset button did not reset everything. Bugfix: Panorama: "file color" button caused image misalignment or crash. Function key changes: F10 for full screen with menu and panel, F11 without. New batch function: select image files by clicking thumbnails, output a file with a list of the selected files. Batch Convert: overlay images (e.g. credit lines) can be sized for a constant screen display size, regardless of image size or aspect ratio. When viewing images sequentially using the [prev/next] button or keyboard arrow keys, adjacent directories can be spanned without user navigation. Translation updates.
How to Install?Please note that this PPA is unofficial. If you don't want to use PPA then download debs from official site.
Available for Ubuntu 15.10 Wily/16.04 Xenial/14.04 Trusty/12.04 Precise/Linux Mint 17.x/17/13/and other Ubuntu derivatives
To install Fotoxx in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the terminal:
What is your favorite image processor?