XiX Player is a free easy to use multi-platform music player that currently runs in Linux, Linux ARM (Raspberry Pi), Windows & MacOS. This media player can handle more than 40,000 audio files, so large audio libraries aren't problem anymore with this player. Track is shown in different tabs like Artist, Albums, Playlists or File Manager. It is easy to create and maintain own playlists. There is an integrated lyric viewer that searches for the lyric of the song currently playing. If the CD Cover is found it is also shown. Developer also mentioned "If you think that something is wrong or you have a great idea to implement, please mail me."
- Supports the following file formats: MP3, OGG, M4A & FLAC
- Play & Rip your CD to MP3 or FLAC. CD-Text and CDDB support
- Rip DVD tracks to MP3 or FLAC. Needs mplayer (lsdvd is optional and will be removed).
- See albums the choosen artist is on and vice versa
- Create and use Playlists
- Online Radiostations + Presets
- Record Online Radiostations
- Schedule Radiostation recordings
- Listen & Download Podcasts
- Play License free audio from the Internet Archive
- Show the lyrics of the song being played
- Shuffle and Repeat
- Reverse Play
- Rate your songs
- EQ + FXs (Flanger, Echo & Reverb)
- Copy, Delete or Rename the file
- Change ID3 tag (only for MP3)
- Theme support
- More than 40000 songs can be loaded
Changes in 0.33x & 0.32x versions:
- Search for CD-Covers and/or Artist Picture on xixmusicplayer.org
- Removed coding error in searching files. This could halt the application in searching new songs
- Removed coding error: when a file gets deleted and song active is further in playlist, the next/previous song was not right
- Removed coding error: when changing song information and track=0 -> no track nr shown (was 00)
- Save Mono option for songs (Mono itself not yet active)
- Save Trim at begin and end of song (Trim itself not yet used)
- Post CD-Cover or Artist Picture of song playing to Facebook (Needs FBCMD)
- When no changes in songs or songinformation, the database is not updated when the application quits. Saves time.
- Updated Random routine (Does not start with the first song in the playlist anymore)
- In artist name is saved (eg. Id!Ots does not become Idots) in searching songtext, biography, discography
- Fullscreen Mediamode (ctrl-M or double click on CD Cover / icon)
- Configure Update Timer (on ARM the update timer was set at lower speed, but with faster boards showing up each day, you can set the value yourself). Used for VU and time progress updates.
- Cosmectic updates
- Click on progressbar jumps to that place in the song
- Click on ARTIST shows all songs found by that artist (Underline/green hoover)
- Better Songtext search. '(demo)' and '(live)' are discarded.
- Lyricsmedia works again
- Changed certain font sizes to fixed sizes. Easier for different platforms and Linux Distro's. Will also make it easier to implement user font size.
- Changes in Dialogs and Listboxes to make them less OS dependent
- Theming can hide image backgrounds on all OS's
- External DB only gets loaded when it is specified in the config.
- TO DO: Read and Save DB on all external Devices, not only the first in list
- Lame Config show values for all platforms
To install XiX Music Player in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
After adding PPA install GTK or QT version, (You can't have both at the same time)
>>> Install GTK Version:
>>> Install QT Version: