LibreOffice is the power-packed free, libre and open source personal productivity suite for Windows, Macintosh and GNU/Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base. Support and documentation is free from our large, dedicated community of users, contributors and developers.
New Features and Fixes:
- Writer Changes:
- Images embedded in writer can now be rotated easily in 90 degree increments
- Writer text-frames now support having a gradient as background
- On Windows, modern IMEs show their suggestion windows at more easy-to-read position.
- The comments bar now can be easily toggled with the a button in the ruler.
- Import and export of graphical bullets of numberings in the DOC, DOCX and RTF filters
- Improved Footnote and footer comment handling.
- Comments to text ranges can now span over multiple paragraphs.
- The DOCX import filter now handles non-bitmap drawingml shapes.
- Embedding fonts in a Writer document.
- Calc Changes:
- Add a Stepped Lines line type to Line and XY (Scatter) graphs.
- New feature in Calc spreadsheet: Count the number of selected cells.
- Embedding fonts in a Calc spreadsheet.
- Import large HTML documents with more than 64k table cells.
- New spreadsheet function NUMBERVALUE as defined in ODF OpenFormula.
- New spreadsheet function SKEWP as defined in ODF OpenFormula.
- Import/export functions new in Excel 2013 for ODF OpenFormula compatibility.
- Impress Changes:
- Now it’s easier to create slideshows from a series of pictures with the “Photo Album” feature.
- Option to disable the bundled Presenter Console, which makes OpenLP integration much smoother.
- Embedding fonts in a Impress presentation file.
- Other Changes:
- Limit the results of a query by using the 'Limit' combobox on the Query Design Toolbar.
- New Query Properties Dialog in Query Design View for adding limit and distinct values properties.
- Query Properties Dialog can open from Query Design Toolbar.
- New Elements docking windows added.
- Charts can now be also exported to vector graphics.
- SVG export now also includes hyperlinks.
- Make Find hotkey Ctrl+F a toggle command.
- Access Recent Documents directly from the toolbar using a dropdown next to the "Open" button.
- Improve display of filenames in the Recent Documents list.
- Experimental feature: Sidebar (Apache OpenOffice/IBM Symphony) with resizeable layout
- Delete multiple styles at once.
- Improved hyphenation in Calc and Draw.
- More checking rules in pt-BR LightProof grammar checker.
- Much improved windows input method alignment using IMR_QUERYCHARPOSITION.
- A very large number of bugs have been fixed.
Note: This PPA doesn't have update for Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal/and related derivatives
To Install LibreOffice on Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
Download LibreOffice for other Distro's, That's it