Wine lets you run Windows software on other operating systems. With Wine, you can install and run these applications just like you would in Windows. Wine enables Linux, Mac, FreeBSD, and Solaris users to run Windows applications without a copy of Microsoft Windows. Wine is free software under constant development. Other platforms may benefit as well.
- System tray support in the Mac driver.
- Various C runtime improvements.
- Large icons for built-in applications.
- OpenGL support in the Mac driver.
- Clipboard and drag&drop support in the Mac driver.
- Improvements to the URL cache.
- Some fixes for ARM binaries.
- SPARC platform no longer supported.
- Various bug fixes.
Install Winehq in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
Here you can download source of Wine 1.5.27 for other Distributions from Source Forge.
Check announcement of Wine 1.5.27 version.