PCSX2 is a PlayStation 2 emulator for Windows and Linux. It was started by the team behind PCSX (an emulator for the original PlayStation) back in 2002, and as of early 2012 development is still active. The emulator achieved playable speeds only by mid-2007 and subsequent versions have improved speed and compatibility making it both the ultimate solution for PS2 emulation and the instrument to keep and preserve the PS2 legacy in the modern world. Though not yet perfect the program can successfully emulate most commercial PS2 games at playable speeds and good visuals (often better than the original PS2). There are few number of games which can be played with PCSX2 Emulator.
- Recompilers for Emotion Engine (EE), Vector Unit 0 (VU0) and Vector Unit 1 (VU1). They are used to translate some parts of the original PS2 machine code into x86 machine code, speeding up emulation. Due to the fact that PS2 machine code is an entirely different language from x86 machine code these re-compilers are probably the most complicated parts in PCSX2.
- Dual core support allows PCSX2 to use up to 2 CPU cores speeding up the emulator significantly.
- Proper SPU2 emulation helps reproduce PS2 audio or even enhanced audio on the PC which is not a trivial task considering the lack of documentation and the fact that it has to synchronize with many other emulated processors.
- Full game-pad support makes it possible to emulate every Dual Shock 2 feature.
- Patch system to create cheats easily. It can also be used to skip code where emulation is still broken (which ultimately can make the game playable). This feature is quite user-friendly and easy to use.
- Additional optimizations (hacks) to speed up emulation. You will be able to play certain games on lower-end machines thanks to this feature.
- Fully working memcard support.
- Fully working IPU support responsible for FMV - video cut-scenes should mostly run correctly.
If game is working very slow then Go to Config -> Emulation -> Check the Preset and move preset setting to most right (see the picture)
More setting can be found in menus
Note: The video plugin set by default doesn't work properly for some cards, May be you can face many graphic glitches appears, you must have to use ZZ Ogl PG CG 0.3.0 [libzzogl-cg-0.3.0] instead and OnePAD 1.1.0 for the game-pad.
First Download Bios for PCSX2, Enter following commands in Terminal:
Just use default location for Bios files.
To install PCSX2 in Ubuntu 13.04/12.10/Linux Mint 14 open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
To install PCSX2 in Ubuntu 12.04 Precise/Linux Mint 13 open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
Thanks to Linko for Notification