Install Wine 1.5.11 in Ubuntu 12.04 Precise/11.10/11.04/Linux Mint (New Release)
Wine lets you run Windows software on other operating systems. With Wine, you can install and run these applications just like you would in Windows.
Wine enables Linux, Mac, FreeBSD, and Solaris users to run Windows applications without a copy of Microsoft Windows. Wine is free software under constant development. Other platforms may benefit as well.
- Multi-channel support in the ALSA driver.
- Removal of the big X11 lock.
- Support for pair positioning adjustments in Uniscribe.
- More I/O stream implementations in the C++ runtime.
- Various bug fixes.
Install Wine in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
Here you can download source of Wine 1.5.11 for other Distro's from Source Forge.
- sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
- sudo apt-get update
- sudo apt-get install wine1.5
- sudo apt-get install winetricks
Check announcement of Wine 1.5.11 version.