Install Wine 1.3.28 on Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal/Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot/Linux Mint
Wine enables Linux, Mac, FreeBSD, and Solaris users to run Windows applications without a copy of Microsoft Windows. Wine is free software under constant development.
To install Wine in Ubuntu 11.04/Ubuntu 11.10/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Alt+F2 and type: gnome-terminal -or- Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the terminal:
Note: If you already have wine installed just add PPA and after that run update manager.
When installation finished start using wine.
What's new in this release:
- Initial version of the VBScript parser.
- Automagic audio driver selection.
- Support for volume information on UDF file systems.
- The OpenGL renderer is now the default for DirectDraw.
- Device configuration dialog in DirectInput.
- SetDIBitsToDevice support in the DIB engine.
- Several improvements in the cmd parser.
- Various bug fixes.
Here is the HomePage of Wine.