Nuvola Player 3 doesn't need any hacks to support Flash plugin, because it is built on top of WebKit2Gtk+, the second generation of this web rendering library. The major diference is that plugins are run in a separate GTK+ 2 compatible process, so there is no need to use nspluginwrapper and install 32bit libraries on 64bit system. There is also one extra benefit: If Flash plugin crashes, it doesn't take down whole Nuvola Player application.
New in this release:
- Possible to run multiple services side-by-side.
- Nuvola Player 3 codebase was written from scratch.
- Queue page of Google Play Music is not used as a start-up page.
- Added manager of keyboard shortcuts and added support for global keyboard shortcuts.
- Menu bar has been replaced with header bar (with client-side decorations in GNOME).
- Unity Quick list integration was enhanced to show state of toggle actions (e.g. thumbs up/down) and radio actions (e.g. star rating)
- Nuvola Player 3 uses header bar with client side decorations and App Menu in GNOME, but classic window decorations and global menu bar in Unity.
- Command line interface has been reworked. See nuvolaplayer3ctl --help. It is no possible to invoke toggle and radio actions (e.g. thumbs up/down, star rating).
Available for Ubuntu 15.10 Wily/Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid/14.04 Trusty/Linux Mint 17.x/17/and other Ubuntu derivatives To install Nuvola Player in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal: