Krita is a KDE program for sketching and painting, although it has image processing capabilities, offering an end–to–end solution for creating digital painting files from scratch by masters. Fields of painting that Krita explicitly supports are concept art, creation of comics and textures for rendering. Modelled on existing real-world painting materials and workflows, Krita supports creative working by getting out of the way and with a snappy response.
Krita is the full-featured free digital painting studio for artists who want to create professional work from start to end. Krita is used by comic book artists, illustrators, concept artists, matte and texture painters and in the digital VFX industry. Krita is free software, licensed under the GNU Public License, version 2 or later.
Krita is a robust, fast and flexible painting application that makes creating art from scratch or existing resources a fun and productive experience. With many powerful brush engines and unique features such as multihand and mirrored painting, Krita explicitly supports creating comics, concept art, storyboards, textures, matte paintings and illustrations.
Krita has several features that are unique or a first among free software painting applications: support for colorspaces other than RGB, like CMYK, support for HDR painting, painting assistants, a perspective grid.
Krita isn't much fun without a pressure sensitive tablet. Krita uses the Qt library to provide the application interface and the tablet support. Right now, on Linux, Qt only supports Wacom tablets. There is a patch that makes some other tablets work on Linux, but Qt hasn't integrated it yet. The Krita developers only tested on Wacom tablets.
- Add possibility to continue a Crop Tool action
- Speed up of color balance, desaturate, dodge, hsv adjustment, index color per-channel and posterize filters.
- Activate Cut/Copy Sharp actions in the menu
- Implemented continuation of the transform with clicking on canvas
- new default workspace
- Shift+click: add to selection.
- Alt+click: subtract from selection.
- Shift+alt+click: intersect selection
- Make Group Layer return correct extent and exact bounds when in pass-through mode
- Make fixes to pass-through mode.
- Added an optional optimization to slider spin box
- Fixed wrapping issue for all dial widgets in Layer Styles dialog
- Fix calculation of y-res when loading .kra files
- You can read complete changelog here.
Available for Ubuntu 15.10 Wily/15.04 Vivid/14.10 Utopic/14.04 Trusty/12.04 Precise/Linux Mint 17.x/13/other Ubuntu derivatives (The following PPA is unofficial)
To install Krita in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal:
Which photo editor you prefer?