Blender provides a broad spectrum of modeling, texturing, lighting, animation and video post-processing functionality in one package. Through its open architecture, Blender provides cross-platform interoperability, extensibility, an incredibly small footprint, and a tightly integrated workflow. Blender is one of the most popular Open Source 3D graphics applications in the world.
- Cycles Render Engine
- Motion Tracking
- UV Tools
- "Carve" Booleans
- Remesh modifier
- Game Engine
- Python API
- More Features.
Fixes in this release 2.68:
- Cycles GLSL object texture coordinates were wrong.
- VBO + dynamic topology sculpt did not show specularity.
- Incorrect Rendered View-port Horizontal Splitting.
- FCurve select changes on Graph Editor Re-size.
- Show warning message to when trying to edit driven values in number buttons.
- Crash using make links > animation data between empty and mesh object.
- Undo crashes on an armature with ID-Properties armatures undo state now stores ID-properties.
- CPU freeze at playback after cutting/deleting/duplicating audio strip.
- Crash on File Browser
- Stationary Particle system - particle Y axis fails to follow emitter object rotation.
- Rendering preview range gives wrong duration.
- Blender internal view-port render did not do correct color management for image textures.
- View-port rendering crashes blender.
- Rendering with OSL seems to cap "weird" numbers in certain places in the nodes.
- Cycles: image movie to single image crashing.
- Shift+LMB doesn't toggle selection when using the Maya preset.
- Screen list shows temp layout
- Multi-resolution Modifier Complains About Sculpt Mode.
- Image offset value in empty image display mode should be unitless
- Tool-tip for Euler Discontinuity Filter was misleading
- Set Origin not waiting for user input when invoked form search menu.
- Fix missing compositor refresh due to missing mask notifiers.
- Fix for crash reading from a freed scene when exiting blender.
To install Blender in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the terminal: