Blender provides a broad spectrum of modeling, texturing, lighting, animation and video post-processing functionality in one package. Through its open architecture, Blender provides cross-platform interoperability, extensibility, an incredibly small footprint, and a tightly integrated workflow. Blender is one of the most popular Open Source 3D graphics applications in the world.
- Cycles Render Engine
- Motion Tracking
- UV Tools
- "Carve" Booleans
- Remesh modifier
- Game Engine
- Python API
- More Features.
- Blender starts with too large window
- "Alt" key is "Alt Window Deactivated" in Ubuntu/Unity
- using uninitialized memory for the tablets active state
- incorrectly checking tablet active state
- no pressure with Genius Mousepen i608X tablet
- blender quitting in X11 if you start blender with a tablet, unplug it, then open a new window
- fullscreen toggle failing with some window managers
- A new SPH particle fluid solver was added, designed for more physically accurate results;
- The character physics type received a number of new options, profiling and debug information has been cleaned up;
- The Bullet physics library has now been integrated into the editor and animation system, which makes rigid body simulations also available outside of the game engine;
- Initial support for hair rendering was added, multiple importance sampling for lamps. The preview rendering is available inside the properties editor, new closures and optimizations for OSL have been implemented, non-progressive integrator was improved and support for packed, and generated and movie textures were added;
- Collada import and export was improved for animation and shape keys are now supported. The armature modifier has been made more stable, respecting axis orientation and scene scaling;
- New features include vertex color baking, more efficient ambient occlusion baking for multires meshes, edge-based UV stitching, more control over mapping texture brushes for texture painting, gradient tools for weight painting, and a translate node for the compositor;
- MilkShape 3D format support and EDL Video Import have been added;
- In addition to the new features, over 250 bugs that existed in previous releases have been fixed.
- See complete fixes here.
To install Blender in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the terminal: