Faience is light and cool theme for GTK and GnomeShell, Faience icon theme is based on Faenza and include GTK3, GTK2, Metacity and Gnome-Shell themes. Faience icon and theme match with each other and looks cool on desktop.
What's new in this theme update:
- GTK3: transitions on buttons are disabled to speed up the rendering of the theme when switching from one window to another and avoid memory leaks on some distros
- GS: add a background on the dash launcher which make it more usable with the great 'dash to dock' extension
- New Faience-Ocre (for Gnome-Shell) and Faience-Claire (for Unity) GTK2, GTK3 and metacity themes
- GTK3: fixed the background colour of Nautilus canvas items when the right-click menu is displayed
- GTK3: added animations to buttons
- GTK3: improved the overall look of Gnome Documents
- GTK3: removed the stripes on progressbars
- GS: new design for modal dialogs and GDM
- GS: updated assets to match better the GTK3 widgets
- GTK2: removed the 1-pixel border along the vertical scrollbars for maximized windows (the problem persists with GTK3 applications).
To install Faience theme and Faience/Faenza icons in Ubuntu/Linux Mint open Terminal (Press Ctrl+Alt+T) and copy the following commands in the Terminal: